EEL CONFIT, SMOKED SOUR CREAM, NORI FLAKES. LEATHERED WITH ITS CRISPY SKIN
Recipe created by Chef Stéphane Modat (Best Chef in Quebec 2019, former chef of the Fairmont Château Frontenac, and co-owner and chef of the new restaurant Le Clan in Quebec City), inspired by François Chartier's molecular analysis of the aroma profile of junmai sake Blend 001 - 2018 TANAKA 1789 X CHARTIER, Miyagi, Japan.
Photos by Frédéric Laroche.
- 1 eel, candied and smoked Japanese style
- 1 tbsp. Nori seaweed flakes
- 200gr sour cream
- Sprouted peas
- salt and pepper
- Roasted rapeseed oil
- Lift the eel fillets and place them on a baking tray.
- Quickly warm the eel to make it easier to remove the skin.
- Set aside the two eel fillets and cut the skin into julienne strips.
- Place the julienned skin in a frying bath and fry to a crisp.
- Using a smoke gun or a simple smoker, put the sour cream in a dish and smoke it for 10 minutes, then put it in the fridge covered with a plastic film.
- To serve, cut up portions of eel and heat them in the oven,
- Sprinkle with nori flakes.
- Put a tablespoon of smoked sour cream on the bottom of a plate, place the fish on top, finish with a few sprouted yellow peas seasoned with rapeseed oil and fine salt, then add a few strands of eel skin to the fish
Service sake Tanaka 1789 X Chartier – Blend 001 – 2018 TRAIL
Glass: Veritas Oak Chardonnay
Tº service : 12º
Let yourself be surprised by this soup, on its own or as a side dish, but always with Tanaka X Chartier - Blend 001 in your glass.
This creative recipe combining apple, caramel, curry, macadamia nuts and foie gras was designed around sotolon.