REAL CREAM OF MUSHROOM_MC2: WHITE MUSHROOMS MILK AND LAVENDER FOAM
"Simplicity does not prevent creativity, creativity does not prevent simplicity..."
This simple yet innovative recipe is a perfect example of the philosophy behind the creation of these recipes. Let yourself be surprised by this soup, on its own or as a side dish, but always with Tanaka X Chartier - Blend 001 in your glass.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
For the mushroom milk
- 1 tray of white mushrooms
- ½ onion
- 500 ml (2 cups) 3.25 % milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) clear beef broth
- Sea salt
- Ground white pepper
For the lavender foam
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 4 g (4/5 tsp) lavender
- 5 g (1 tsp) soy lecithin powder (health food store)
- Prepare the lavender infusion. In a saucepan, bring water to a simmer. Remove from heat, add lavender flowers, cover and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Filter and add soy lecithin powder. Set aside for later use.
- Prepare the mushroom milk. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, sauté minced onion without browning. Rinse mushrooms and cut into quarters, place in a saucepan, add milk and beef broth. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Blend soup with a hand blender and strain through a cheesecloth.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Emulsify the lavender infusion with a hand blender. Let stand.
- In a glass or mug, pour the mushroom milk to three quarter, then add lavender foam. Huuuum!
Tanaka 1789 X Chartier Sake – Blend 001 is a perfect match for this dish. Served between 14 °C and 16 °C, its umami will be a perfect match for milk lactones and the white mushrooms. Don't hesitate to add thin slices of porcini mushrooms and coconut to give a crunchy texture to the dish and make a perfect match. As for lavender, it will sublimate the floral side of the sake, taking it into another aromatic dimension. Finally, you can use this soup, served either in a small Japanese teacup or in an espresso cup, as a liquid accompaniment to another dish with the same molecular profile. Try it with a cold rare-cooked lamb stew, sage bouillon, turmeric condiment, rosemary salt, and Blend 001 will once again prove to be your best ally.
This creative recipe combining apple, caramel, curry, macadamia nuts and foie gras was designed around sotolon.
A colorful and rich recipe to accompany the Tanaka 1789 X Chartier Blend 001!