"MC2_FRUIT PASTE": LYCHEE/GINGER AND ROSE SUGAR
This "Mc2_fruit paste" was inspired by cis-rose oxide, a volatile molecule with a rose aroma that dominates in lychee and rose, and by many other volatile compounds common to both lychee and ginger. These aromatic molecules are also present in Gewürztraminer and Muscat wines and junmai daiginjo-type sake. Assembling the three in harmony in a recipe amplifies the sum of the three! The power of attraction, evocative of an electrical charge between compounds of the same aromatic families makes it possible to create a fragrant, floral, and exotic fruit paste. Add this natural attraction to the refinement of the most exceptional fragrances in the world of perfumery. The flavours are subtly superimposed and develop a long finale. Hence, this photo places our "Mc2_fruit paste" on a pedestal, as if it were a jewel of perfumery!
Serves : 6
Prep Time : 1 heure 15
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- 300 g (1⅓ cup) canned lychees (use ⅔ fruit, ⅓ syrup)
- 150 g (1½ cup) white sugar
- 9 g (2 tbsp) agar-agar
- 50 g (¼ cup) sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) chopped rose petals
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) finely grated ginger
- Pour lychees (⅔) and syrup (⅓) in the bowl of a blender, then puree. Add sugar and agar-agar. Continue blending until smooth.
- Filter mixture through a fine cheesecloth (or fine sieve).
- Pour mixture into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, keep stirring and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto a plastic wrap-covered baking sheet and spread with a spatula to a thickness of 1 cm. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, rose petals, ginger, and stir gently.
- When the fruit paste is set, cut into 1 cm cubes, and roll in the rose-ginger-flavoured sugar.
Once again, the natural intensity that binds ingredients sharing aromatic molecules from the same families surpasses the classical match simply based on acidity, sweetness, etc. One must have tasted either a dry white Gewürztraminer wine or a junmai daiginjo sake with this sweet paste to grasp the full power and solidity of this aromatic thesis. Whether dry or sweet, you can choose from your favourite Muscat or Gewürztraminer wines or junmai daiginjo sake, all of which will fit comfortably into the comfort zone with these beautifully fragrant treats.